Clean and Elegant

Clean and Elegant

Sunday 6 August 2017

Dear Vincent, How is your headstand going?


Dear Vincent,

How is your headstand going? Nice to run into you on the corner of Beaubien and St-Vallier, on Monday, July 31st, around 5:47 P.M. In fact, seeing you made my legs start to wobble, and my body proceeded to twitch for five and a half blocks before I began to sob in the company of my friend Caroline, as we stood beneath the glass of Plaza St. Hubert and in front of an unapologetic candy store where diabetics could easily eat their way into oblivion and/or death.

Yes, I would like to continue therapy with you. Even though I thought you ghosted me due to the fact that I confessed to writing you daily imaginary emails which might have made me seem to intense and crazy and attached to you. By the way, lots of people get too attached to their therapists. In case you weren’t aware. Though the whole world doesn’t know it, most of the world does know that I do not excel at professional boundaries. Perhaps we can discuss this in therapy. I’d also like to work on dissolving my Ego Project. My friend Caroline would recommend throwing this sort of thing into the Lachine Canal. That’s where I threw all my character defects in March of 2011. My ego likes the sound of the sentence, “The Lachine canal must be inundated with all sorts of thrown out dreams and deadened aspirations.” Inundated, deadened, and obscene. I enjoy all of these words.

Do you have an ego project? Maybe that’s the headstand. I tend to stand on my head between three and five times per week. These days my neck and shoulders are a little stiff. I’ve given up trying to sleep on the floor.

It was nice to run into you on the corner of Beaubien and St-Vallier Street on Monday, July 31st around 5:47 P.M. At least that’s the socially reasonable thing to say. Otherwise I’ll leave the professional boundaries up to you.

Love, Erica.

 The End.


Vincent was my therapist from October of 2016, and May 2017. After we ran out of subsidized sessions, I began to write him daily imaginary emails. I called the project, "Mondays without Vincent," and it turned out to be quite healing. You too can write imaginary emails to Vincent. In fact, if you'd like, you can send them to me, on any day of the week.


My secret address is: ericaschmidt85(at)gmail.com.


Let me know if you’d like a response. The correspondence can remain between us, or else we can share it here with others and maybe it could be healing for everyone. My ego project would love for this to be a success, but I'm trying to let that dissolve, so no pressure. Love, Erica. 

Most Ego Project photos have already ended up on the Interwebs.

Exuberant Bodhisattva on Facebook
Twitter: @mypelvicfloor
I Let Go

Bodhisattva Business Ventures:

Deep Cleans by Erica J. Schmidt (@deepcleanswitherica)
Montreal Hippie Threads (@mtlhippiethreads)
Instagram: montrealhippiethreads



God Box
The Permafrost is melting in Siberia
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment