Clean and Elegant

Clean and Elegant

Wednesday 26 September 2012

When I was twenty years old

When I was twenty years old, I wrote a list in a purple notebook.  At the time, I was coming to the end of my first year living and working at a house for people with intellectual disabilities.  I had to decide whether or not to stay another year.  So I did like the Lululemon people and wrote down all my goals for my whole life.  That was seven years ago.  Almost half of my goals are very embarrassing.  Almost half of them came true.  And I never even put them on my fridge. 

Here’s the List:
Life Goals

never get fat, that is to say, always be physically fit.
                master French.

Learn a new language,

                                Either Spanish
                                Italian or
                                German.

Properly perform 
headstands and
handstands.

Develop flexibility.

     Live in Third World Country.
     Live in Europe.

Finish University Degree.

   Develop piano talent.


       Fall in Love.

Be immersed in a language Other Than My Own.
                Write Novels

                    And Short Stories.
                                ->Become Famous
                                        Doing This.

Not to worry about money but to live simply.
Not to worry.

   Be Close to Someone Who Dies.
          Fall in love.

              Not get cancer.
                Be Grateful for Life.
Always be helping children and/or adults with disabilities.

        Orgasm.
The End of the List. 

Maybe Lululemon would like to put my list on their store’s bags.  Maybe they wouldn’t.  I ended up staying at the house for people with disabilities for a second year.  Despite all the challenges, this probably turned out to be more important than all the goals on the list.  Even the last one.

The End.  


The Purple Notebook

Exuberant Bodhisattva on Facebook
Twitter: @mypelvicfloor
I Let Go, self-help book by Erica J. Schmidt


Be Your Own Best Friend
The Closer I am to Fine
How I will elevate Lululemon.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment